st: re: mark/markout

From   Kit Baum <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: re: mark/markout
Date   Tue, 12 Jul 2005 23:19:09 -0400

Mosi said

I am trying to use the mark/markout command in my regression analysis.
Basically, I want to run multiple models but only want the people who
qualify for the full model to be in each pf the preceding models. I have
read through the directions, but I am not clear how exactly how the syntax
should be applied. That is, where and when do I give the "mar" and or
"markout" commands.

Doesn't really sound like a chore for mark/markout, but rather for e(sample). Don't understand how it can affect the preceding models, though.

regress (full model)
gen byte full = e(sample)

reg (other model 1) if full
reg (other model 2) if full