RE: st: RE: whereabout of some stata ados.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: RE: whereabout of some stata ados.
Date   Tue, 12 Jul 2005 01:32:36 +0100

Not quite. See the help once more.

Loosely, -findit- is

* a -search- on your system

plus

* a -search- over the net.

Your -search- on your system looks
for help for Stata 8.2 and so won't
see help for the -ca-. This is because it scans
the help files locally installed, which
naturally won't include those for Stata 9.

Your -search, net- should
find _downloadable_ ados, irrespective
of version. It is not expected to
find _mentions_ of stuff. -ca- is
not downloadable by you, as already
established.

Now is not an especially good time to test the
difference, as the server supporting
SSC was down last night and -findit-
won't find stuff there. But

. findit eclplot

on your system will find -eclplot- for
Stata 9, even though it won't be any
use to you yet. So, you can see user-written
programs for Stata 9. To learn about official
programs that are part of Stata 9, you need to
look at them at the website, which is where we started.