st: RE: whereabout of some stata ados.

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: whereabout of some stata ados.
Date   Mon, 11 Jul 2005 22:38:31 +0100

I am not quite clear on what the real difficulty here is.
I sense misconceptions on one or possibly two levels.

"I discover a new command in the stata official website
(ca, which is an alternative to factor command and performs
correspondence analysis) but I couldn't find it."

I guess what you mean here is that you found documentation
for -ca-, but you couldn't find the program.

-ca- is part of official Stata 9. You won't find the program
on the internet, at least not legally. You have to upgrade
to Stata 9 to use it.

If -net search- displays no result, there are three main
explanations I can think of:

1. The program does not exist.

2. You specified poor key words.

3. The search engine couldn't find it. (For example, the
server supporting SSC occcasionally crashes.)