st: RE: repeated sampling of emergency department patients

From   austin nichols <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: RE: repeated sampling of emergency department patients
Date   Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:19:03 -0400

If I understand you correctly:
You should regress Y on X1 and X2, and cluster by ED to allow for
arbitrary serial correlation. Include a time trend to allow the usage
of Y to change over time, and include a dummy for the quality
initiative started at month 7.  I hope it didn't start in every Dept
in month 7 (i.e. I hope you have some kind of control group).

#delimit;
g byte y=(MedicationY=="Yes");
g byte smoker=(Smoker=="Y");
g tm=ym(year(date(substr(var1,1,3)+" 15
"+substr(var1,4,2),"mdy",2060)),month(date(substr(var1,1,3)+" 15
"+substr(var1,4,2),"mdy",2060)));
format tm %tmYM;
qui su tm;
gen month=tm-r(min)+1;
probit y smoker age month qualinit, cluster(EmerDept);

If you have sampling weights, the problem is slightly different.