st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: How to add weighting variables in meta-analysis

From   "Steichen, Thomas J." <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: RE: RE: How to add weighting variables in meta-analysis
Date   Fri, 8 Jul 2005 12:42:19 -0400

Lynne,

As I mentioned, you will need to compute the effect size estimates (I'll call that variable "est" for the following example) and the
weights (call it "wt") yourself.

Then you can use a command like the following:

   . metan est est, wgt(wt)

Metan will only use the first input variable (but requires two legitimate variable names before the comma because of a programming
oversight) and will combine the estimates using the weightings define by the variable given in wgt(), i.e., wt.

Tom

Thomas J. Steichen
  Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. - Aldous Huxley