st: how to update -egen ends(), punct() tail- ?

From   Radu Ban <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: how to update -egen ends(), punct() tail- ?
Date   Thu, 7 Jul 2005 12:22:33 -0400

Dear all,

I encountered a problem with the -egen ends(), punct(;) tail- command.
The problem is that the tail option does not produce a missing obs if
the delimiter is missing. I read in the archives that other people
have encountered this before but I didn't find how to solve it.

The command works fine - as documented - (i.e. produces missing obs if
delimiter is missing) on the version of Stata installed on my work
desktop, but not on the one installed on my laptop. Since my laptop is
not connected to the internet I copied the version of egen from the
"/ado/updates/e" folder from my desktop to the "/ado/updates/e" folder
of my laptop. Alas, this didn't solve the problem.
Is there anything else I need to update/change?

Many thanks,

-Radu Ban