st: RE: xtabond2 and parameter restrictions

From   "Gielis Wim" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: xtabond2 and parameter restrictions
Date   Thu, 7 Jul 2005 10:47:56 +0200

Hi Statalisters,

I think you can do this by stating:

define 1 xy = z
define 2 xp = q

(I abbreviate the variable names into p, q, x, y, z for convenience)

After that, you type the command for xtabond2, with

const(1 2)

added at the end.

BUT (I face a similar problem)

1) what to do if the restrictions you want to impose involve parameters
outside the relation (e.g. a coefficient represents the ratio of a
coefficient in the relation and the price elasticity of demand)???

2) going further, how can you obtain point estimates, standard errors,
etc. for all these variables (so including price elasticity of
demand)???

Regards,

Wim