st: dates and time

From   samani Lamabadusuriya <[email protected]>
Subject   st: dates and time
Date   Mon, 4 Jul 2005 14:42:24 +0100

Hi all,
I have a dataset that contains the following 4 variables; I am trying to
calculate the elapsed days, hours and mins between open and closed times.
Is there anyway I could convert the date and time variable into one date
variable.

open_date	open_time	closed_date	closed_time
22/09/2004	18:25:48	22/09/2004	18:34:55
22/09/2004	15:39:13	22/09/2004	16:40:41
23/09/2004	12:50:23	23/09/2004	12:53:12
23/09/2004	16:30:16	23/09/2004	16:45:24
23/09/2004	11:16:31	23/09/2004	11:19:53

Many Thanks
Sam

The opinions expressed in this email represent those of the individual and not necessarily those of Alliance UniChem plc. The contents of the email may be privileged and confidential. If received in error please advise the sender then delete from your system. If you are not the intended recipient you should not copy it or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any person.
Alliance UniChem plc cannot accept liability for any damage you incur as a result of virus infection.