Re: st: prchange and prgen command

Subject   Re: st: prchange and prgen command
Date   Sun, 03 Jul 2005 23:24:42 -0500

At 03:12 AM 7/4/2005 +0100, Clive Nicholas wrote:
EF (aka Gold Number) wrote:

> I work with Stata v.9.
> The commands "prchange" and "prgen" seem not to work whith this version.
> However, for example "prchange" exists on Scott Long Text Chapter 3 on
> line.
> How can I use that changes in Predicted Probabilities on Logit Model?

A quick search of the Statalist archive (a useful habit to pick up when
you're on here) provides this message by Phil Ender of UCLA on June 5:

http://www.stata.com/statalist/archive/2005-06/msg00106.html

Hope that helps.
Also, a generic trick for post-estimation commands that don't work in Stata 9 is to specify version 8.2 when running the original estimation command. e.g.

version 8.2: ologit y x1 x2
post-estimation command...

I have a feeling that we're going to be seeing this question or variations of it showing up on Statalist for several months to come. Perhaps Stata can make a FAQ of this.

*
* For searches and help try:
* http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/stata/