st: kaplan-meier curves

From   Jack Rabi <>
To   stata list <>
Subject   st: kaplan-meier curves
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:19:58 -0600

I am new to Stata. I am trying to create a Kaplan-Meier curve for time
till an event (time from birth until infants achieve a target oxygen
saturation).  I would like the curve to start at 0 (y axis) and increase
as more infants reach the target saturation.  However, the default
appears to start at 1.0 (100%) and decrease with time.  I am able to
reverse the y axis but this is only cosmetic as the curve starts near
the x-axis but the bottom of the y axis is labeled as 1.0.  Any help
would be greatly appreciated.

Jack Rabi MD, FRCPC
Assistant Professor (University of Calgary Dept. of Pediatrics)

Foothills Medical Centre
Room C211
1403-29th Street NW
Calgary, AB