st: xtabond problem

From   Rashmi Shankar <>
Subject   st: xtabond problem
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2005 14:21:40 -0400

Hi: I am very new to stata and am trying to fit an Arellano-Bond dynamic panel
data model. I haven't been able to find anything that clarifies the system
resources I need. Everytime I try to run the following command

xtabond bp_level l(0/1). unwtdmeanbplevel l(0/2).(lnpetrol lnusimp), lags(2)

no output shows up on the screen and I get the message that stata is busy. I
have 6832 rows of data. When I run the samples using the manual datasets I
get the correct output but the example only has 700 rows of data.