st: Counting unique values over moving time windows

From   Arik <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Counting unique values over moving time windows
Date   Wed, 29 Jun 2005 10:10:09 -0700 (PDT)

I am working with panel data and am trying to create a
variable that will count the number of unique values
an existing variable has over overlapping moving
windows (i.e. I have a list of products sold to
customers and wish to find the total number of
customers over 5-year moving windows). This seems to
fall between the stata commands UNIQUE and MOVSUMM,
but I can't really think of a syntax that will provide
the results I'm looking for. I would appreciate any
help you may offer.
Arik

Yahoo! Mail