st: Re: Saving estimate parms

Subject   st: Re: Saving estimate parms
Date   Tue, 28 Jun 2005 13:02:40 -0400

If you want to be able to replay estimation results and use post estimation commands on them, then 2 user-written commands may be of interest : estsave and eststo (-findit estsave- leads to both).

Michael Blasnik
[email protected]

----- Original Message ----- From: "Salkov, Rick" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 28, 2005 11:57 AM
Subject: st: Saving estimate parms

I am running large models and need the capability of saving model estimate parms
to a hard disk file and retrieving them. All the Stata Procs that I can find
including -estimates- only deal with session storage and disappear when the
program is closed.

I saw in help _estimates the following:

" _estimates hold moves, or copies if the copy option is specified, all
information

associated with the last estimation command into holdname. If holdname is a
temporary

name, it will automatically be deleted when you exit from the current
program."

This would imply to me that if holdname were not a temp then one might save parms
permanently but there are only session references in the code examples.

Can anyone give me a little code to save and retrieve permanent model parms?