st: Initial grouping variable in Kmeans/Kmedians

From   Rob Hall <>
Subject   st: Initial grouping variable in Kmeans/Kmedians
Date   Mon, 27 Jun 2005 15:41:18 +1000

I am very new to Stata (a refugee from SPSS) and would appreciate a pointer to the following.
In SPSS, I can use a matrix of cluster centres as the starting point for analysis. For example, I eight variables that will be used in the analysis and I have "target" means for each cluster on each variable.
How can I get Stata to attend to the eight by 'n' matrix rather than just a single grouping variable?

Thanks in anticipation.

* For searches and help try: