RE: st: Identifying Trends in Panel Data

From   "jyotsna puri" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: Identifying Trends in Panel Data
Date   Tue, 21 Jun 2005 22:44:20 +0000

Jason,

Have you tried running a fixed effects regression,
for each company-product, (or maybe it is
for each company, absorb(product) that you want.)
i.e.
areg Log(sales) year if company ==1, absorb(product)
OR
xtreg Log(Sales) year if product==1, i(company) fe
OR
xi: reg Log(sales) year|i.company if product==1

The coefficient on the year should give you your time
trend.
-Jo

Jyotsna (Jo) Puri
Cell and Voicemail: 201-805-1690