Re: st: sort

From   Luhang Wang <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: sort
Date   Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:21:17 -0400

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Here are my codes:

  egen x_temp=count(x_exp) if x_exp==-2, by(hhid)
  sort hhid
  drop if hhid==hhid[_n-1]
  count if x_temp~=.

I got different number for the count command when repeating the above codes.

When I change the codes to "sort hhid x_temp", I get stable result.
Does this work the same way as the stable option? The previous results
are generally smaller than that after the change.

However, I'm still not clear how the stable option may affect my
result, since given the way x_temp is generated, it is the same for
all the observations with the same hhid. BTW, I have other variables
the values of which may be different among observations with the same
hhid.

Thank you.

Best,
Luhang