st: Re: split, combine and verify datafile(s)

From   "Katsuhide Isa" <>
Subject   st: Re: split, combine and verify datafile(s)
Date   Sat, 18 Jun 2005 21:18:19 +0900

Thank you for your suggestion.
Following your suggestion, I modified the original codes as

foreach file in sysdsn32 sysdsn33 sysdsn34 {
	use `file'
	sort patid
	tempfile `file'_temp
	save ``file'_temp'
	use sysdsn31
	sort patid
	capture drop _merge
	merge patid using "`file'_temp"
	save sysdsn31, replace

But when running these codes, I got an error, saying

file sysdsn32_temp.dta not found

What would be the problem?
Or there may be any misunderstanding in my modification.

Any suggestions welcome.
Thanks in advance.