Re: st: predict after svy logit

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: predict after svy logit
Date   Wed, 15 Jun 2005 12:46:25 -0500

At 01:19 PM 6/15/2005 -0400, Nick Winter wrote:
Looking at the structure of the predict command under version 8, I think the problem is that the version 9 predict routine does not properly transform the output of _predict.

But I'm sure StataCorp will be on this quickly.

BTW, the problem affects svy: probit as well.
I bet you are right. In 8.2, there was a separate predict routine for svylogit/svyprobit, which had special code for handling the -pr- option. But, in 9.0, there is just logit_p.ado. So, either you need more specialized code for -svy- in logit_p.ado or _predict needs to be revised. (That is my wild guess anyway!)

Incidentally, I notice svy works with mlogit, so you can use it instead of logit; but svy doesn't seem to work with mprobit. I wonder why?

OFFICE: (574)631-6668, (574)631-6463
FAX: (574)288-4373
HOME: (574)289-5227
EMAIL: Richard.A.Williams.5@ND.Edu