st: RE: grouping by time window

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: grouping by time window
Date   Mon, 13 Jun 2005 14:35:13 +0100

I am not sure this is determinate on the
criteria given. In particular, if you
start a first window at the first
observation and then use the rule that
no window can be more than a year long,
then the windows so produced do not
necessarily coincide with the set
of disjoint windows that maximise the
number of products within each, if
indeed there is a unique set so
defined.

A quite different comment -- and here
you may well have a rationale not presented --
is that seems a rather arbitrary way
to reduce these data.

Andre pierre