RE: st: Keeping values in multiple variables

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   RE: st: Keeping values in multiple variables
Date   Thu, 9 Jun 2005 22:12:30 +0100

I agree with Svend that this should be explicit
in the manuals. But I am looking at [U] 18.3.1
(p.200) in the Stata 9 manual, which does spell out
the use of left and right single quotes.

This is also true of [U] 21.3.1 (p.194) in
the Stata 8 version.

I do agree that there's an awful lot to read:
it's easy for myself and no doubt
for many other users to miss details,
but this does seem clearly documented in
exactly the right places.

Svend Juul