Re: st: extracting coefficients from a linear regression

From   "Philippe Glaziou" <glaziou@gmail.com>
To   statalist@hsphsun2.harvard.edu
Subject   Re: st: extracting coefficients from a linear regression
Date   Thu, 09 Jun 2005 18:00:00 +0800

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 17:39:45 +0800, David Fisher <djfisher81@msn.com> wrote:

Is there a command in Stata that will store the coefficients (a and b) from a linear regression in new, separate variables? I've looked at "predict" and similar, but I can only find how to extract residuals and fitted values.

Would the following do the job?

. sysuse auto
(1978 Automobile Data)

. regress mpg we