st: RE: unique values

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: unique values
Date   Tue, 7 Jun 2005 17:27:58 +0100

In Stata 9, this is done by -levelsof-.

In Stata 8, this is done by -levels-.

In Stata 7, this is done by -vallist- from SSC.

See also the FAQ

FAQ     . . . . . . . . . . Making foreach go through all values of a variable
        4/03    Is there a way to tell Stata to try all values of a
                particular variable in a foreach statement without
                specifying them?

Incidentally, if your values were contained
in a local called uniqlist, you use its name, as follows:

foreach uniqval of local uniqlist {
   <execute code>

Stephen R. Hale, Ph.D.