st: RE: RE: Patterns in an area graph

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: Patterns in an area graph
Date   Tue, 7 Jun 2005 11:18:07 +0100

Note that I am here expounding what I
take to be the StataCorp attitude, which
in this territory is mostly tacit in what
they have -- or more crucially have
not -- implemented.

An orthogonal comment: For your problem,
I might expect, as a non-medical(bio)statistician,
log survival to be a convenient scale.

With a log scale, an area graph would be
potentially ambiguous: quite what is being
shown?

Dominic Muston