st: design matrix requirements for ANOVA xtmixed

From   David Airey <>
Subject   st: design matrix requirements for ANOVA xtmixed
Date   Sun, 5 Jun 2005 04:54:31 -0500

Does anybody know there any differences in the design matrix size requirements for a complex ANOVA mixed model versus the same model using xtmixed? A while ago,

I messed around in Stata with complex ANOVAs and ran into size limits of the design matrix. I simplified my design and analysis, but another solution was to use a program which represented the design differently (R lme, now R lmer or SAS Proc Mixed).
* For searches and help try: