st: question about processing time

From   "Visintainer, Paul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: question about processing time
Date   Fri, 3 Jun 2005 08:16:32 -0400

A colleague asked me about Stata's (ver 9.0) ability to run a mixed model with 4 levels on a database with about 1 million records.  If anyone has run something close to this scenario, I'd appreciate your input.

I'd like to know how long Stata took to run the model and the configuration of the machine it was run on (I assume its best to load as much memory as the machine can take).

Thanks--

Paul Visintainer

<<winmail.dat>>