st: RE: urgent help on pca

From   "Alice(Libo) Sun" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: urgent help on pca
Date   Sat, 28 May 2005 23:34:00 -0500

Jay,

Do you happen to have Stata pca.ado and pca.hlp in your computer? My stata
version is old and do not that. It is located in the Ado folder.

I want to make sure the first component I got from running factor command is
right.

Thanks,

ALice

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of Alice(Libo)
Sun
Sent: Saturday, May 28, 2005 10:48 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: urgent help on pca

Dear Statalist,

I need a quick favor.

I need to compute principal component analysis. My stata version is 7.0 and
I do not have command 'pca'.

I downloaded pca.ado from http://ideas.repec.org/c/boc/bocode/sjw33.html. I
tried 'pca x1 x2 x3 x4 x5 x6 '.

However, the results on Eigenvalue  are different from that using 'factor x1
x2 x3 x4 x5 x6, factors(1) pcf'.

Is factor command did what I want to do, that is, get the first component?

I am not sure about the downloaded pca.ado. I am wondering if I could get
pca.ado and pca.hlp from someone privately?
I won't distribute to others.

Thanks,

Alice