Re: st:supertables, please. (Tufte 1983 :179)

From   [email protected]
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st:supertables, please. (Tufte 1983 :179)
Date   Thu, 26 May 2005 12:33:31 -0400

Hi,
I have a program - tablemat.ado-  to do that.
Kit Baum has drawn my attention to some bugs
that have been fixed now.
It is still under development to make it more elegant.

Basically, instead of doing

tabstat x, by(y1)
tabstat v, by(y2)
tabstat z, by(y3)

the program does:

tablemat x v z, by(y1 y2 y3) stat(mean)

Gindo could contact me privately to have it.

Best regards.

                      Friedrich Huebler
                      <[email protected]>         To:       [email protected]
                      Sent by:                         cc:
                      owner-statalist@hsphsun2.        Subject:  st: Re: supertables, please.  (Tufte 1983 :179)
                      harvard.edu

                      05/26/2005 10:46 AM
                      Please respond to
                      statalist

You can do this with -tabstatmat- and -mat2txt- from SSC.

. sysuse auto, clear
. tabstat mpg weight, by(foreign) nototal save
. tabstatmat mat1
. tabstat mpg weight, by(rep78) nototal save
. tabstatmat mat2
. tabstat mpg weight, save
. tabstatmat mat3
. matrix mat = mat1 \ mat2 \ mat3
. mat2txt, matrix(mat) saving(matrix.txt)

Friedrich Huebler