st: Error when trying to access the Internet

From   "Indranil Majumdar" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: Error when trying to access the Internet
Date   Wed, 25 May 2005 18:27:02 -0400

I get the following error when trying to evaluate the status of the Stata
8.2 installed on our Linux Machine (64-bit).

. update query
unexpected end of file did not respond or is not a valid update site

For the same reason I cannot incorporate any user-authored components.
I don't understand the file referenced in the ' unexpected end of file'
message. Does anybody have any idea as to what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance,