Re: st: HELP on xtabond2

From   Luck Double <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: HELP on xtabond2
Date   Tue, 24 May 2005 16:35:36 -0500

Hello, Dahlia,

I'm also currently using xtabond2, and have similar questions as
yours. I think using only one variable (like cash flow) as gmm
instruments is O.K., and using instruments dated at t-2 (or t-3) only
is fine too because you don't want to include too many invalid
instruments in the estimation. Moreover I think firm level
heterogeneity is already accounted for once you classify firm as ID
variable in xtabond2.

However, I also don't know the robustness of results when I change the
specification of gmm instruments: sometimes I got big p-value (0.96)
for the Hansen J test and sometimes 0. The coefficients are sometimes
significant and sometimes not even the Hansen J tests do not reject
validity of instruments in both cases. I'm puzzled as to which results
to trust.

If anyone here knows xtabond2 better, please let us know. Thanks!

Jack