st: Ctd.: Problem with Bootstrapping panel data

From   "Wrede" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Ctd.: Problem with Bootstrapping panel data
Date   Tue, 24 May 2005 22:43:47 +0200

Hi there,
I posted the same problem 2 weeks ago, but without any final success.
The problem: I try to run bootstrap command together with xtabond estimation
command. But according to the trace output, the program complains that
A) my time variable is not tsset and
B) that there are too many missing observations

The command is:
bootstrap "xtabond vardep varexp, robust" _b[ld.vardep] _b[d.varexp]
_b[_cons], trace reps(100) cluster(id)

There were two suggestions from C�dric and Jo (thank you both again for your
help):
A) introducing a new time variable to bridge time gaps and avoid the missing
observation problem.
B) Some kind of forcing STATA to tsset the data properly by rewriting the
ado file.

However, I dont believe that there should be an easier way, since the
xtabond estimation command has no problem with the panel data. So why should
there be a problem be using bootstrapping with it?

Any suggestions are highly appreciated since I need to find a solution quite
urgent :(

Niko
---------------------------------

The trace gives back:
local tmax = r(tmax)
capture local id "`r(panelvar)'"
=capture local id ""
di as err "must tsset data and specify panelvar"
must tsset data and specify panelvar

However, I did tsset my data again and again. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Niko

-----Urspr�ngliche Nachricht-----