st: RE: RE: RE: could not predict rstudent

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: RE: RE: could not predict rstudent
Date   Sun, 22 May 2005 22:57:52 +0100

The rule about winmail.dat files is explained
in the Statalist FAQ, which all, novices or
not, should read carefully before posting to
Statalist. A Google on winmail.dat will
prove enlightening.

It is possible, although unlikely, that
your predict.ado file is corrupt.

You need to do something like this:

. use auto
. set trace on
. regress mpg weight
. predict rs, rstudent

and see where the error message you get
is produced.

Alice (Libo) Sun

> Thanks for the quick response. I am a novice here.
> Yes, I am using -regress- command. Could that be something
> wrong with predict ado file in my computer?
>
> " Incidentally, please don't send your winmail.dat
> file to Statalist. "
>
> What do you mean? Should not I send email to the Statlist?

Nick Cox