st: using -adjust- after -anova-

From   "Visintainer, Paul" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: using -adjust- after -anova-
Date   Thu, 19 May 2005 11:28:47 -0400

I'm using Stata v9.0.  I don't seem to get any output from -adjust-
after running -anova- .  If I run the same model using -regress-, the
-adjust- command works.

Any ideas?

-p

______________________________
Paul F. Visintainer, PhD
Professor and Program Director
Health Quantitative Sciences
School of Public Health
New York Medical College

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Sherman,
Richard
Sent: Thursday, May 19, 2005 11:25 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: st: generate a string variable holding a double quote?

Dear Statalist,

Is it possible to create a string variable containing only the character
" ?  Stata 8 won't let me do so with the command

gen quote = """

or in the data editor.

This would be convenient for, e.g, labeling variables with the values of
another variable.

Thanks,

Richard Sherman
Department of Political Science, Leiden University
Leiden, Netherlands
http://homepage.mac.com/richard.sherman/

the system manager.