RE: st: RE: Questions about -rspread-

From   "louis boakye-yiadom" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   RE: st: RE: Questions about -rspread-
Date   Wed, 18 May 2005 18:11:08 +0000

Nick, thanks for the helpful response.

Louis

From: "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>

-rspread- was written by long-time Stata user
Richard Goldstein, contributor to this list and
lead organiser of the upcoming Boston users'
meeting, in 1993 and published in STB-23 in January
1995.

A lot of water has flowed down the Charles River
since then and in the interim -rspread- has been
broken by changes in what is probably your operating
system, namely Windows.

Or so I guess.

That is, -rspread- is saving your data in a temporary
file but was not smart enough to realise that Microsoft
would later allow filenames to include spaces.

Either way, Richard should probably negotiate with
the Editors of the Stata Journal about publishing
a Software Update fixing and modernising this program.

In the mean time, you want multiple Lorenz curves
on the same graph. -rspread- cannot do this.
You should check out the -glcurve- program from
Philippe van Kerm and Stephen Jenkins, save the
graph coordinates and fire up -twoway-.

louis boakye-yiadom