st: Re: RE: Re: Quantile regression for panel data

From   "Jeannette Wicks-Lim" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: RE: Re: Quantile regression for panel data
Date   Tue, 17 May 2005 15:05:48 -0400

I'm not sure about the theory underlying how the sampling variance is estimated with qreg, but as far as I know, the only way to deal with clustering in your data within the context of quantile regression, is to bootstrap. Besides the bs command you can also look into clad (Censored Least Absolute Deviations estimator with bootstrapped se).
----- Original Message ----- From: "FEIVESON, ALAN H. (AL) (JSC-SK) (NASA)" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2005 2:48 PM
Subject: st: RE: Re: Quantile regression for panel data

Unfortunately (at least in Stata 8) qreg does not allow a -cluster- option.
I am wondering why - is there some theoretical reason for this or is it
simply a matter of nobody having provided the code for it in -qreg- ?

Al Feiveson

. qreg y delph,cluster(jsub)
Iteration 1: WLS sum of weighted deviations = 5381.2885

option cluster() not allowed
r(198);