st: Quantile regression for panel data

Subject   st: Quantile regression for panel data
Date   Tue, 17 May 2005 20:28:02 +0200

Dear All,

for my thesis, I would like to estimate the returns to education for immigrants
and natives at different points in the earnings distribution. I have a large
panel data set with 85000 observations. I want to make use of quantile
regression techniques; however, I am not sure if this works with longitudinal data.

Is anyone of you aware of panel data features for quantile regression? Or is
there anything like the cluster-option for quantile regression in order to take
account of the dependence among individuals?

I am very grateful for any comments. Thanks a lot!