Re: st: recursive delete (or delete empty directory)

From   Jeph Herrin <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: recursive delete (or delete empty directory)
Date   Mon, 16 May 2005 10:05:31 -0400

Doesn't Stata command -rmdir- do what you want?

James Muller wrote:
I've been looking around for an internal Stata operation to recursively delete a directory, or at least something to delete a single (empty) directory. So far as I can see there aren't any ado's to do this that are platform independent, i.e. same command used for all OS's.

If no such thing exists then I'd be happy to code up an ado, but I'm not sure the correct system commands on different OS's. If the consensus to this post is that there isn't anything, then I request this:

could people send me the system command used for their OS to recursively
delete a directory - I don't want to post something that is depreciated
immediately because I haven't considered all cases.

Cheers

James

*
* For searches and help try: