st: Stata 9 windowing question - lengthened Results window scrolls toofar (Windows XP)

From   Gary Longton <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   st: Stata 9 windowing question - lengthened Results window scrolls toofar (Windows XP)
Date   Fri, 13 May 2005 15:30:19 -0700

This is probably best sent to tech support, but thought it might be worth posting to see if this window behavior is a common problem rather than a quirk of my system or mistake in my settings.

After expanding the height of the Results Window to more than the default 25 lines to allow greater simultaneous display, to eg. 35 lines, the display of results will initially utilize the full 35 lines, but will at some point - and I'm not sure what triggers this - utilize only the top 26 lines of the results window, scrolling previously displayed results up far enough that the bottom portion of the Results window is left blank. Setting the pagesize to a higher number does not remedy this.

Have others run into this problem?

OS: Windows XP
Stata/SE 9.0
born 22 April 2005

my preference settings - the following boxes are checked under the windowing menus:
- use docking guides
- enable ability to dock, undock, pin, or tab windows
- make undocked viewers persistent
- make windows float
- make results windows float

(I've set the windows to floating in order to keep them from disappearing. The results window is set to float so that its position w.r.t the other floating windows remains fixed.)

Thanks,
Gary

*
* For searches and help try: