[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date index][Thread index]
Re: st: Launching Stata 9 from do files as -doedit-
Renzo Comolli <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> I would like to change the settings so that when I click on a .do file the
> doeditor is launched (as opposed to the default behavior, which is to -do-
> the file).
> Is that possible?
For Windows XP users, you can do the following:
1. Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Folder Options to open the "Folder
2. Click on the "File Types" tab
3. Scroll down the list to "DO Stata Do-file" and highlight it by
single clicking on it
4. Click on the Advanced button towards the bottom of the dialog
5. In the "Actions:" box, single click on "open" then click the
6. In the box under "Application used to perform action:", you should see
"C:\Program Files\Stata9\wsestata.exe" do "%1"
The path and executable name here may differ, depending on where you
actually installed Stata and which flavor you are running.
Change the "do" part of this to "doedit".
"C:\Program Files\Stata9\wsestata.exe" doedit "%1"
7. Click on OK to close that dialog, OK to close the previous dialog, and
Close to close the Folder Options dialog.
* For searches and help try: