st: RE: help file for kernreg2

From   "Nick Cox" <>
To   <>
Subject   st: RE: help file for kernreg2
Date   Mon, 9 May 2005 21:57:45 +0100

Quite right. There is no help file associated with -kernreg2-.

As you have pointed this out, I should explain why.

-kernreg2- was intended as a temporary fix for -kernreg-
posted unilaterally by myself, given obvious bugs in -kernreg-,
which the first author has accepted were there.

However, despite several public and private appeals over the
years, the authors have never got round to updating their program.
This is a disappointment to me, personally and now as an
Editor of the Stata Journal, but what am I to do? No Editor
should unilaterally publish an Update under the authors'
names without their participation. If I withdraw -kernreg2-,
what is left is just a buggy -kernreg- (and, if I recall
correctly, a less buggy -kernreg1- by some other party).

That said, the syntax for -kernreg2- is just that for -kernreg-.

And that said, in my view, -locpoly- supersedes -kernreg-
and is the program of choice in this area given, Stata 8 or 9.
Go straight for -locpoly-.

Berk Sensoy