st: Stata 9--To dock or not to dock

From   "Alan Acock" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Stata 9--To dock or not to dock
Date   Sun, 8 May 2005 09:59:09 -0700

When I installed Stata 9 one of the first thing I did was to dock the
various windows. My initial reaction to them disappearing was irritation.
Now I'm wondering why this new feature of floating windows was introduced.
What is the point of having the windows (command window, variable window,
review window) moving around and disappearing.

What am I missing?

I put my review and variable on the right side and docked them there. Stata
9 added a neat tab for review and variables that lets me switch. It is nice
to have an entire column on the right side which can show more variables or
old commands with the tabs to switch.

One disappointment I have with Stata 9's multiple do file editing windows is
that they are not arranged with tabs, similar to what WinEdt does.

Alan Acock