Re: st: RE: Population Attributable Fraction (PAF) estimation

From   "roger webb" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: RE: Population Attributable Fraction (PAF) estimation
Date   Fri, 6 May 2005 15:20:56 +0100

Nick,

Thanks for your response. Do you know if there are any plans to
implement an adjusted PAF estimator in future versions of Stata?

If not, is there a means of lobbying for implementation of such a
routine in 'official Stata'?

Rockhill et al (Am J Public Health 1998; 88: 15-19) comment that
errors in PAF estimation are common in published papers due to
confusion over appropriate use of formulae for different types of
data, especially in relation to valid estimation with covariate
adjustment. Implementation of a valid and flexible post-regression
estimator would surely address these problems.

Thanks,
Roger