Re: st: (E)GARCH models with GED distribution

From   "F. Gao" <[email protected]>
To   [email protected]
Subject   Re: st: (E)GARCH models with GED distribution
Date   Wed, 4 May 2005 22:27:41 -0500

Gray,

I know eviews can do it. The simpliest way is to choose the correct
pull down menu. It has been empirically established that using GED or
t-distribution does not make a lot of differences in terms of
coefficients estimates. Also the test using fat tailed distribution
often reject the hypothesis that the error comes from such a
distribution. For more, see Hentschel (1995) Journal of Financial
Economics.

Faye