st: ereturn question [Stata 8]

From   "Bryan W. Griffin" <>
Subject   st: ereturn question [Stata 8]
Date   Tue, 03 May 2005 17:42:30 -0400

Running Stata 8.2

I am running a model in gllamm, and I want to access and save results from one of the matrices. When I type

matrix list e(nu)

I get this result:

c1 c2
r1 5550 1850

I would like to be able to display and save one value at a time, such as

di "what here?"

to get 5550. With regression coefficients one can type "di _b[IV]" to obtain a particular value. How do I issue the di command to get only r1,c1 instead of both values?
Bryan W. Griffin
Curriculum, Foundations, & Reading
P.O. Box 8144
Georgia Southern University