Re: st: Question about ML

From   Richard Williams <>
Subject   Re: st: Question about ML
Date   Mon, 02 May 2005 18:04:39 -0500

At 01:23 PM 5/2/2005 -0400, Cameron Hooper wrote:

I have a question about using the -ml- command. I've had a look at the reference manual, but it's a bit over my head. I've seen the book about ML available from Stata, but I thought someone on this list might be able to help me out.
Cameron, I don't think it is clear what the question is. Are you just asking "How do I write a program to do this" or is there a more specific question you have in mind?

I found that I had pretty good luck copying large chunks of the code from the ML book verbatim. The tricky part, I think, is writing the likelihood evaluator and the other code that is unique to your problem.

* For searches and help try: