st: [Stata8] estimates hold?

From   Heather Gold <>
Subject   st: [Stata8] estimates hold?
Date   Mon, 02 May 2005 13:15:23 -0400

Dear Listers-
I have a program that takes about 1/2 hour to run. If I want to fiddle with some post-estimation commands and predictions, is there a way to hold the estimates even if I have to shut down my computer at night? I don't want to have to re-run the program just because I have to shut down or restart the computer.

I thought -estimates hold- might be an option but 1) I didn't know if/how restore worked after the Stata session ends, and 2) I have a simultaneous equations model with more than 20 variables (I only need some of the coefficients in the model for my predictions, however.).

Any thoughts appreciated.

* For searches and help try: