st: Re: Some Stata 9 issues

From   "George M Hoffman MD" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Re: Some Stata 9 issues
Date   Mon, 2 May 2005 10:24:55 -0500

Fred - i suspect we use stata similarly. i miss the control-key shortcuts
also.

some suggestions/wishes for windo behavior on subsequent updates:
1. make graph,edit,viewer windows pin-able/tab-able - and make all
subsequent windows of the same type act in the same fashion. so multiple
graphs would appear as multiple tabs in the graph window spot....... and
then the window would NOT create a tab on the windows taskbar - or is there
some other way to disable the taskbar items from appearing separate from
stata itself?

2. re-enable control-c, control -v as copy/paste from all windows (in
windows only?)
3. take away the shortcut 'e' for exit command - i too often mistakenly put
a space while typeing, so 'e st' exits.

relatively minor quibles, i'm sure i'll adapt...
george hoffman