st: RE: [Stata 8.2] tabodds horizontal ciplot?

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   st: RE: [Stata 8.2] tabodds horizontal ciplot?
Date   Sat, 30 Apr 2005 17:08:57 +0100

Adding -ciopts(horizontal)- is the implied syntax
and produces a graph. However, it is not the
graph you want, as the -horizontal- option
affects only the display of the point estimates,
while the intervals are plotted as before.

The solutions appear to be:

1. do-it-yourself with -twoway-.

2. Roger Newson's -eclplot-.

Both depend on creating a so-called resultsset
first.

3. Wait for StataCorp to fix this in Stata 9.
It's not impossible that they might just trap
this as a complication too far. Also,
that depends on your upgrading as well as their
action.

Jonathan Kaplan