RE: st: how to create case id number

From   "Nick Cox" <[email protected]>
To   <[email protected]>
Subject   RE: st: how to create case id number
Date   Fri, 29 Apr 2005 17:26:46 +0100

Sorry that wasn't clear. I wrote:

	_n remains defined as 1 to whatever is _N.

Please read this as a range:

	_n remains defined as
		1 to whatever is _N.

In American, 1 through whatever is _N.

(British doesn't have this excellent idiom.)

Or in a common notation

_n remains defined as 1,..., _N.

There is no disagreement, just that my wording
evidently wasn't clear enough.

Eric G. Wruck