st: Using weights for the selection equation with heckprob

From   "Godquin, Marie (IFPRI)" <[email protected]>
Subject   st: Using weights for the selection equation with heckprob
Date   Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:22:58 -0700

Dear all,

I have panel data on two years with attrition. The original survey was quasi
random and I have weights to make it representative of the survey area.

I'm interested in outcome from the second period (a dummy variable) and I
want to correct for attrition using weights for the attrition equation.

Is there a way to do that with stata?

The heckprob command allows for weights but the weights seem to apply to the
second stage equation, not to the selection equation.

Any thoughts highly appreciated!

Have a nice day,
Marie

Marie Godquin