st: two ways

From   Lucas Ferrero <>
Subject   st: two ways
Date   Fri, 29 Apr 2005 10:46:35 +0200

Hi! sorry to bother, but I have a little problem and I can not deal with it.

In a two way graph with few observations I would like to see, instead of a mark
for each observation, the variable name; that is, if you type

twoway (scatter loggdp risk, mlabel(shortname)) (line loggdphatr risk), title
(Settler Mortality and GDPpc)

it appears with both the mark and the shortname. I would rather to see only the
shortname. I have seen this tecnique in some papers but I can not make it

Lucas Ferrero - Economist
Ph. D. Applicant- Bocconi University
Via Gobbi, 5
Office 315